Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Changing the world one writing assignment at a time...

This is going to be my attempt at blogging through my school year. I have a nagging question that simply needs an answer and I intend to find the solution. How will creating a community of writers impact classroom management and student achievement? Throughout the 2013-2014 school year I began creating a community within my classroom where we read texts, shared ideas, wrote about these pressing thoughts, and then shared these writings with one another. I began to see a community form without even intentionally meaning to produce one. I had very few discipline issues and my students writing excelled. I want to know can this community be replicated and is there a connection between creating an environment where students share their writings, create a sense of family, and a tone of respect for all learners and instructors and student achievement.

3 comments:

  1. You are a fabulous teacher, and I am so glad you will be blogging your inquiry progress for our benefit. I am especially interested to see how classroom management fits into the picture. Looking forward to future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to a be part of this endeavor...sharing our journeys as we pursue answers to our questions. Also, thanks bunches and bunches for helping me set up my blog (actually setting it up!). And so, off we go...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love teaching students to write, and support building a community of writers. I am excited to watch as your journey of inquiry unfolds!

    ReplyDelete